Lawrence Architecture

Wallingford Residence

1934 historic photo

2000 construction photo

A small back porch was removed from this 1911 house and replaced with a two-story addition containing a kitchen/family room and mud room on the first floor and a master bedroom and bathroom on the second floor. 


Along with the front entry, the living and dining rooms were restored to maintain the original dark-stained wainscoting, built-ins, and beamed ceilings.  Kitchen finishes included stained fir cabinets matching the original built-ins, oak floors and granite counters.  Aluminum windows were replaced with custom wood windows; aluminum siding was removed and wood detailing reconstructed. 

Completed autumn 2000.

Photography by Benjamin Benschneider.